This is the perfect comfort food when it’s the end of the week, it’s raining cats & dogs and your family deserve a little treat. What’s more you don’t need a ridiculous amount of pots and pans to make it and all the ingredients are pretty much store cupboard essentials.
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or hot chocolate powder7
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Optional – 2tbsp rum, Cointreau or Baileys
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mug or jug.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and optional booze. Mix again,
- You can either put your mug or jug straight into the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at high, but I tend to use 4 ramekins and cook each for approx 1 minute. Don’t panic if the cake rises over the top of the mug or ramekin – it’s meant to! Perfect served with custard or ice cream.